Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Winter is closing in

Today, as winter is closing in on my Midwest town, I am reminded, once again, of how much I hate the darkening days, the cold, and most importantly, the holidays without my father. It was such a joy to have him with us for  the holidays. He made our Christmases the most perfect time of the year. He would get up on Christmas Eve morn, have his coffee, and set out on his annual shopping extravaganza that lasted until the stores closed.We all knew that something wonderful would await us on Christmas morning. What an amazing man he was; the void in my life, from his passing, can never be filled. I have tried to pass on his good heart by living as he did. By doing so, I keep his legacy alive and well, not just for my family, but for me.

"My Father's Straw Hat"
Tate Publishing
Autor: Patricia A. Colucci
patriciacolucci.tatepublishing.net

No comments:

Post a Comment