Saturday, November 27, 2010

Grief and the Holidays.

This is, by far, the hardest time of the year for me. My father died only two years ago and it seems like  just yesterday that we were planning the holiday surprises. Even as I write this, I can not believe that my father is no longer with me. He was my inspiration; my light; my confidant; my friend. My heart is aching to see him again, just to talk and laugh out loud with him, as in past years.
If you have lost a loved one, a parent or someone close, please read my book on the loss of my father.
"My Father's Straw Hat" Tate Publishing  Author: Patricia A. Colucci
available on Amazon.com
It is a wonderful book to give to someone who is grieving this holiday season, as it is a book written from the heart. It does not solve the mystery of grief; it merely explains mine as I went through it for the first year after my father's death.
Thank-you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment