Thursday, May 27, 2010
Grieving goes on
Today is very quiet and the days have become quite warm. I love the warmth and the springtime, but it so reminds me of my father and his wonderful gardens. I lost my father in January of 2008 and the grief has been overwhelming at times. He was such a presence in my life and that link of love and conversation is now gone. It is true that you do not realize a person's worth until after they leave you. I just took for granted that my father would always "be there" no matter what. I find myself looking for that link through other sources and there are none. How sad is that. I am a grown woman with a husband and two grown sons, whom I love dearly, but the bond I had with my father is almost unexplainable. The days are warm but my heart is cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment