Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holidays and grieving

Author: Patricia A. Colucci "My Father's Straw Hat" Tate Publishing Available on Amazon.com A book on personal grieving resulting from the death of my father.

Grieving is a hard pill to swallow anytime of the year, but around the holidays, such as Christmas, it becomes a daily battle for me. Memories are all I have left to savor of my father and our life together. In my mind, I still picture him making our family home a wonderland at Christmas time. He had the exuberance of a hundred people around the holidays, meeting and greeting guests with a drink and great conversation; a zest for life that leaves me, to this day, overwhelmed. He made our holidays magical, with presents and laughter and the greatest love of family.  Now, I can only try and fill a little part of his shoes, with bringing as much joy to my own family, as he once did. My father died a horrible death, one in which no one man should suffer, but even in death, his eyes spoke to me of his unending love for me. I miss you, Dad, and will love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment